Which accounts programme should I use.
What is a government tax portal.
The portal is where you sign into or set up a personal tax account to check and manage HMRC records, including Income Tax, change of address, Self Assessment and company car tax.
What is self assessment tax.
Self Assessment is a system HM Revenue and Customs ( HMRC ) uses to collect Income Tax. Tax is usually deducted automatically from wages and pensions.
What to take to your first meeting with an accountant.
- Bank Statements. …
- Loan Statements. …
- Credit Card Statements. …
- Financial Agreements. …
- Payroll Records. …
- Your Income. …
- Invoices and Expenses Receipts. …
- Employment Income.
What information does my accountant need at year-end.
- petty cash records
- bank statements for your business accounts
- cheque books (if you’re still writing cheques!)
- stock value
- purchase invoices and receipts
- sales income records
- payroll records
- credit card statements
- finance agreements
- loan statements
- any other expenditure that wasn’t paid directly through the business
- assets and equipment purchased during the year
- assets that were sold, scrapped or disposed of during the year
- copies of VAT returns submitted during the year
- mileage records
- dividends paid to the shareholders or drawings paid